In the cold weather, you might not be so keen to get your clothes off for a skin cancer check, but here are five reasons why it’s a good idea.
- Skin cancer checks now can reassure you before you enter summer again, where a little more sun exposure is unavoidable.
- In winter, you’re less likely to have sunburn effects, which can temporarily inflame spots and make them more difficult for doctors to analyse.
- It’s an excellent time of year to apply facial skin cancer creams if prescribed. These creams can irritate the skin and are therefore more uncomfortable to use in summer.
- If you have a skin procedure, the aftercare is more comfortable in winter. Sweating, burning, irritation, and itch are more common in summer all interfere with dressings and healing.
- In regional and rural communities, winter can be a quieter time for work, giving you space to attend appointments.
You can book a skin cancer check with us online or by calling on 1300 754 637 during business hours.